1
Pet Peeves
Posted by the L word
on
5:05 PM
So, I've been really annoyed lately because everyone seems to be pushing my pet peeve button. Seriously though, I'm making this list for your safety, health, and well-being. Here are my pet peeves, and in no particular order:
- People who screen to see if I'm online and then badger me with stupid questions such as "Why didn't you hit me up when you were online?" (MAYBE because I didn't want to?)
- Horrendous use of grammar (Guys who come up to me and are like "YO, whuz gud shawty? How is you? etc.)
- Close-minded people (Seriously, the world is ever-changing. You can't expect it to be like the olden days anymore. New day, new era people!)
- People who continuously complain about being sick or something on their body hurts, but they won't take any medicine because "its nasty" or they're not "into medicine." (THEN STOP COMPLAINING!!!)
- Those who are afraid to try new things. (Now I'm not talking from one extreme to the other, but something along the lines of, if you eat at this Chinese restaurant, maybe you should try Japanese food, or Thai, or Korean, etc. Not too much to ask, is it?)
- When one doesn't appreciate music other than what's on the radio or on any music channel. (ARGH!!! How are you gonna sit here and listen to R. Kelly [don't get me wrong, I love me some R. Kelly, but...] but then, when I put on Earth, Wind & Fire, you get disgusted and walk away?)
- Falling asleep on the phone (Maybe I haven't been in a meaningful enough relationship to appreciate this, but seriously...my phone is too hot and you snore too loud for me to be doing all of that)
- People who THINK they can sing, but in reality cannot hold a damn note. (Seriously, if you've had a group of 50 people listen to you sing and only 2 people told you that you COULD...there's a problem there.)
- Lazy people (Yes, we all have our lazy tendencies, but if you're complaining to me day in and day out about how you don't want to do this, or don't want to go to work because you could be at so-and-so's frat party...yeah, not a good look)
- Bullies (If you don't have anything better to do with your life than put me (or anyone else) down, you need a reality check and a kick in the shin)
- People who don't watch the news...actual MSNBC, CNN news. (Not that celebrity gossip. Sure, I don't mind talking about it once in a while, but seriously...if that's all you talk about with me, we are going to have issues. How could you NOT watch the news? We're living history in the making. Everyday is a breakthrough for our generation. Don't you at least want to be notified of that?!)
- When people call me and ask "Who is this?" (BITCH! You called me!! You should know who this is!)
- Loud people (Yeah, if you know me I can get loud. But seriously, if its 3am and I have class at 8am, we're gonna have some issues.)
- Snotty, pig-headed, conceited persons. (Really, you're not all that. If you think that you're all that and a bag of barbeque chips with a Big Gulp on the side JUST because you have all of these material items, you need to check again my dear.)
- Rude people (And I don't mean not without a cause [because sometimes you need to be rude]. But people who are just rude because "they can be." I hate it when rude people pick on innocent victims...)
And for now, this is all I can think of. I have a few more pet peeves, but those will have to wait until I get home from work.
XOXO,
Lauren