0

Spring Semester

Posted by the L word on 10:06 PM
FOLKS!

I know it has been FOREVER since we've last chatted, and I apologize. If you knew anything about me and this past semester, you'd forgive me in a heartbeat :) I won't go over EVERYTHING, but I'll just catch you up...

**Early April**
RESFEST! Yeah, ResFest this year was pretty fun :) I actually volunteered this year! The babe and I volunteered for: Game Night, Step Show, Dance Competition, and Taboo. We met a lot of great people and opened a lot of opportunities for us :) For instance, when working for the Step Show (which was hosted in Cramton Auditorium), we were offered jobs to be stage hands! I love being a stage hand! So yeah, that was one outcome of volunteering. I got RSVP points for everything I did, and had fun while doing it! I can't wait to do it again next year!!

**Late April**
The babe and I worked President Ribeau's Inauguration. That shit sucked BALLZ! We had to stand outside with a sign from 6am until 1pm. We didn't meet anybody special, had to wear uncomfy clothes, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to Mr. Gibbs for giving me that opportunity, I just wished my job would've been better, ya know? AND THAT WAS ONLY THE FIRST HALF! The second half of Ribeau's Inauguration, we volunteered and cleaned up LeDroit Park. That was labor-intensive, but some of the best fun I've had in a long time. I was team captain, and we planted flowers, laid mulch, and picked up trash on our assigned streets. Afterwards, we had some BOMB barbeque and enjoyed the LeDroit park block party (because that's essentially what it turned in to).

**Most Recent**
FINALS! Yeah, they didn't suck as bad as I had expected. I had 3 actual finals (French, PreCalc, Brain & Behavior) and 2 other finals (Speech and Philosophy). My French final sucked big time because my professor definitely didn't prepare me for what was to be on it. But thats okay because I ended up with a B in the class overall :) My precalculus final wasn't bad at all either. The only problem with it was the fact that I was there for 2.5 hours!!! And I was one of the students who left early! I got a B in that class too, which is fine because it replaces my "D" that I had gotten freshman year. Brain & Behavior final was a snap; definitely got an "A" on the final AND in the class (yay for getting an "A" in one of my major classes!)!!! Speech class, got an "A" on the final and in the class (that's what I get for being a teacher's pet). Philosophy, the one class I was kinda worried about. Like, if you don't get an "A" in a philosophy class what does that say about you (lol)? But yeah, I got an A on the paper (and the presentation we had earlier in the semester) which superseded the C+ he gave me on the 1st paper :)

Yeah, finals were pretty good. My GPA this semester (if I ever receive my actual grade on Bisonweb for my B&B class) will be a 3.5. Which brings up my cumulative GPA by an even more significant amount :) The parents are happy, the babe is proud and happy, but most of all I'm happy and proud of myself! I've never been on the top of my game this much before! It feels awesome and can't NOBODY bring me down!

***SUMMER 2009***
There are a few pros and cons to this summer. Let me share some of them with you...

PROS:
1. I got work-for-housing (which is a big deal @Howard)
2. I might be working in Cramton (if I ever get my shit together)
3. Basically, all of my friends are gonna be here and we're gonna live it up :)
4. I may be rooming with one of my friends this summer in a "luscious" suite in the Towers
5. My dad is coming down here to spend a few days with me before my work starts

CONS:
1. This is ANOTHER summer I don't get to spend with my baby *tears*
2. I don't get to go home at any point during this summer

Yes, the pros outweigh the cons. But spending ANOTHER summer w/o my baby is worth a kajillion points, whereas I only have 5 points in the pros section. I don't know if I can take another summer without her y'all. And its all over some BULLSHIT (kinda)!! But that's for a different blog. This one is getting pretty long...



But yeah, that's my life (as of so far).
I'll have a lot of free time during the summer, so expect a good handful of interesting blogs.


Sincerely,
Lauren




Quote of the Day: "There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb." - Miley Cyrus

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Insert Witty Title Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.