0

Religulous

Posted by the L word on 12:49 PM
Soooooooo...

I watched Religulous (by Bill Maher) with my mom (who is a believer in Jesus). Surprisingly, she was quite understanding in watching the movie. She understands where Bill comes from in about 85% of his points. Some of his points, she states, were a little outlandish, but she can understand why most people wouldn't want to believe in religion. In terms of what Bill said was outlandish, Mom said that he could've chosen anyone else BUT the Evangelicals to represent the Christian religion. In rebuttal I told her that because of those Evangelicals, this is why people (in the Christian faith) do what they do. Because they have people like those big Evangelicals (on tv) that encourage the appaling parts of the Bible. After that, she started to agree with me :)

I'm not gonna get into the details of the movie, (for those of you who haven't seen it yet), but its a very good movie that I think everybody should see. Yes, some of the details of the movie are a little eccentric, but so is religion...

Go see Religulous, watch it with someone you care about, discuss it all afterwards.


-Lauren


Quote of the Day: "Anyone who tells you that they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know and you do not possess mental powers that I do not." - Bill Maher

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Insert Witty Title Here All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.