2
Decisions
Posted by the L word
on
12:37 PM
You ever gritted your teeth when you consider going against something that your parents said? Yeah...I'm kinda going through that right now.
Basically, I'm a 2nd semester sophomore struggling to get out of here in 2 more years. My freshman year, I screwed up because I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to go to medical school or not. This year, I'm trying to make up for it. As a result of last year's grades, my parents are trying to tell me to go slow and take about 15-16 credits per semester. With the way I see it, if I wanna graduate in May of 2011, I have to take like damn near 19 credits per semester! And I could do that if I wanted, except, I can't take over 18 credits per semester (financial restrictions, etc.). :/ Bummer, right? So now I don't know what to do. I don't want to go against the "parental-grain," but I don't want to be at Howard for 4 1/2 - 5 years, ya know? I understand the importance in taking your time and concentrating on getting A's, but I don't want to be here for that long.
So, I'm asking you what I should do. I know this is something I should be asking my advisor, but I want to know you all's opinion. Should I just take the 18 credits per semester from here on out, seeing as how I used my sophomore year to regain myself; or should I take things a bit slower and be an undergrad for 4.5-5 years?
-L
Quote of the Day: "Tell everybody I'm on my way. New friends and new places to see. With blue skies ahead, yes, I'm on my way. And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be." - Phil Collins
Basically, I'm a 2nd semester sophomore struggling to get out of here in 2 more years. My freshman year, I screwed up because I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted to go to medical school or not. This year, I'm trying to make up for it. As a result of last year's grades, my parents are trying to tell me to go slow and take about 15-16 credits per semester. With the way I see it, if I wanna graduate in May of 2011, I have to take like damn near 19 credits per semester! And I could do that if I wanted, except, I can't take over 18 credits per semester (financial restrictions, etc.). :/ Bummer, right? So now I don't know what to do. I don't want to go against the "parental-grain," but I don't want to be at Howard for 4 1/2 - 5 years, ya know? I understand the importance in taking your time and concentrating on getting A's, but I don't want to be here for that long.
So, I'm asking you what I should do. I know this is something I should be asking my advisor, but I want to know you all's opinion. Should I just take the 18 credits per semester from here on out, seeing as how I used my sophomore year to regain myself; or should I take things a bit slower and be an undergrad for 4.5-5 years?
-L
Quote of the Day: "Tell everybody I'm on my way. New friends and new places to see. With blue skies ahead, yes, I'm on my way. And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be." - Phil Collins