0
Busy February
Posted by the L word
on
7:06 PM
FEBRUARY GOES BY SO DAMN QUICK! Wow, I can't believe its almost over! One more week and March is here! I think February has gone by so quickly for me because of everything that has happened this month, ya know?
Valentine's Day was on February 14th.
My baby's birthday was on February 18th.
Our anniversary is on February 20th.
Plus, we had Presidents day and stuff too. So yeah, February is almost over...
In other news...
Valentine's Day was great :) I spent it with my baby and a group of my friends. Valentine's Day-Evening we went out to a late dinner at one of the gay-friendly diners here in town. Instead of the original group of 6, the group grew to 9 people by the end of the night. All of the hostesses, waitresses, and bartenders were famous Drag Queens from the DC area! It was great fun! But lemme tell you about what happened BEFORE we got to the diner...
We were leaving out of the dorm and the community director was heading out as well. We all noticed that he seemed a little off kilter, and we were right. He was drunk off the wine he got from Harris Teeter. He was drinking so much because his valentine couldn't be with him. He said, and I quote, "My valentine couldn't be with me tonight. HE has to work." Now, mind you, this quote wouldn't be significant if our community director was openly gay. But when he's sober, he works SO hard to try and not "out" himself to ANYONE. So, we all got a kick out of this...lol.
As we were on our way to the diner the 1st time, the hostess took our name and told us to come back in about an hour. We needed a place to chill for an hour, so we went back to the Starbucks we passed on the way there and chilled there. We got to Starbucks around 8:30. They close at 9pm. So, the young men behind the counter locked the doors and told us we could chill there while they cleaned up. After they locked the doors, one of them went behind the counter and pulled out a bottle of Remy Martin & a bottle of Coke and asked if we wanted any! So, my girls ended up sippin on Remy & Coke until we got to the diner. Once we got to the diner and got seated, thats when the party started.
1. Because we were the only TRUE females in the place.
2. We had the biggest party of people (9) in the whole place.
So, all of the Queens flocked to us and we all had a wonderful time. They did performances to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce and "Circus" by Britney Spears. After we all had left the diner, we went back to our respective dorm rooms. When baby and I got back to the dorm, the community director was downstairs. He was upset that his valentine had to work, and so he spent it in the lobby of the dorm, drunk as hell. When we got back around midnight, he had just finished his 3rd bottle of wine, lmao. If you know me, you know I love to mess with drunk people. So, I started commenting on his ashy feet and how he should go upstairs and be best friends with the Lubriderm, and he came back with "Oh honey, it ain't gon' be Lubriderm I'm gonna be best friends with. I likes me some Cocoa Butter." LMAO! After that little performance, baby and I went upstairs and spent the rest of v-day like it should have been spent. We exchanged presents and you know the rest from there...lol. So yeah, basically my v-day was the shiz!!!
The sunday following v-day, baby and I had a R&R day. We went to Blockbuster and rented some movies and watched them all day. It was definitely a good day :) Monday, (Presidents Day) we were asked to come down to our friends' room and make breakfast for everybody; so we did. We made pancakes, hashbrowns, and eggs. There wasn't any meat :/ Then we all shared some laughs and danced and stuff. It was fun.
Moving on to baby's birthday (yesterday, 2/18)...We went to class, as usual, and then I took her out to dinner. The dinner was a surprise to her, and I took her to Noodles & Company. For those of you who DON'T know us, Noodles & Company is one of our favorite restaurants :) Afterwards, we went to the movies and saw "Coraline." I officially LOVE 3-D movies! And the movie Coraline is one of the best animated flicks I've seen in a very long time. I would definitely go and see it again :) EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THAT MOVIE! Hehe.
Tomorrow is our anniversary (10 month for those of you who haven't been keeping up). We're gonna go out (along with every other negro in DC) and go see "Madea Goes To Jail." That should be fun :)
I think I've pretty much caught you all up on my life as it has been so far (this month). School has been fine; been gettin A's on mostly everything. This Brain & Behavior class is annoying though :/ Anyway, I shall talk with you all later. Don't forget to comment on my blogs! I really do appreciate the support!
-L
Quote of the Day: "I don't want clever conversation. I never want to work that hard. I just want someone that I can talk to. I want you just the way you are." - Billy Joel
Valentine's Day was on February 14th.
My baby's birthday was on February 18th.
Our anniversary is on February 20th.
Plus, we had Presidents day and stuff too. So yeah, February is almost over...
In other news...
Valentine's Day was great :) I spent it with my baby and a group of my friends. Valentine's Day-Evening we went out to a late dinner at one of the gay-friendly diners here in town. Instead of the original group of 6, the group grew to 9 people by the end of the night. All of the hostesses, waitresses, and bartenders were famous Drag Queens from the DC area! It was great fun! But lemme tell you about what happened BEFORE we got to the diner...
We were leaving out of the dorm and the community director was heading out as well. We all noticed that he seemed a little off kilter, and we were right. He was drunk off the wine he got from Harris Teeter. He was drinking so much because his valentine couldn't be with him. He said, and I quote, "My valentine couldn't be with me tonight. HE has to work." Now, mind you, this quote wouldn't be significant if our community director was openly gay. But when he's sober, he works SO hard to try and not "out" himself to ANYONE. So, we all got a kick out of this...lol.
As we were on our way to the diner the 1st time, the hostess took our name and told us to come back in about an hour. We needed a place to chill for an hour, so we went back to the Starbucks we passed on the way there and chilled there. We got to Starbucks around 8:30. They close at 9pm. So, the young men behind the counter locked the doors and told us we could chill there while they cleaned up. After they locked the doors, one of them went behind the counter and pulled out a bottle of Remy Martin & a bottle of Coke and asked if we wanted any! So, my girls ended up sippin on Remy & Coke until we got to the diner. Once we got to the diner and got seated, thats when the party started.
1. Because we were the only TRUE females in the place.
2. We had the biggest party of people (9) in the whole place.
So, all of the Queens flocked to us and we all had a wonderful time. They did performances to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce and "Circus" by Britney Spears. After we all had left the diner, we went back to our respective dorm rooms. When baby and I got back to the dorm, the community director was downstairs. He was upset that his valentine had to work, and so he spent it in the lobby of the dorm, drunk as hell. When we got back around midnight, he had just finished his 3rd bottle of wine, lmao. If you know me, you know I love to mess with drunk people. So, I started commenting on his ashy feet and how he should go upstairs and be best friends with the Lubriderm, and he came back with "Oh honey, it ain't gon' be Lubriderm I'm gonna be best friends with. I likes me some Cocoa Butter." LMAO! After that little performance, baby and I went upstairs and spent the rest of v-day like it should have been spent. We exchanged presents and you know the rest from there...lol. So yeah, basically my v-day was the shiz!!!
The sunday following v-day, baby and I had a R&R day. We went to Blockbuster and rented some movies and watched them all day. It was definitely a good day :) Monday, (Presidents Day) we were asked to come down to our friends' room and make breakfast for everybody; so we did. We made pancakes, hashbrowns, and eggs. There wasn't any meat :/ Then we all shared some laughs and danced and stuff. It was fun.
Moving on to baby's birthday (yesterday, 2/18)...We went to class, as usual, and then I took her out to dinner. The dinner was a surprise to her, and I took her to Noodles & Company. For those of you who DON'T know us, Noodles & Company is one of our favorite restaurants :) Afterwards, we went to the movies and saw "Coraline." I officially LOVE 3-D movies! And the movie Coraline is one of the best animated flicks I've seen in a very long time. I would definitely go and see it again :) EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THAT MOVIE! Hehe.
Tomorrow is our anniversary (10 month for those of you who haven't been keeping up). We're gonna go out (along with every other negro in DC) and go see "Madea Goes To Jail." That should be fun :)
I think I've pretty much caught you all up on my life as it has been so far (this month). School has been fine; been gettin A's on mostly everything. This Brain & Behavior class is annoying though :/ Anyway, I shall talk with you all later. Don't forget to comment on my blogs! I really do appreciate the support!
-L
Quote of the Day: "I don't want clever conversation. I never want to work that hard. I just want someone that I can talk to. I want you just the way you are." - Billy Joel