0
Not So Lucky
Posted by the L word
on
9:08 PM
As many of you may think, I'm really not as lucky or "blessed" as you may believe. Don't get me wrong, I've been dealt my share of good cards in life, but I'm just not one of those people who gets what they want without even really asking for it. You know what I mean? Those people who just seem to get things that others only dream about (i.e.: The scholarship of a lifetime, tickets to some sold-out event, etc.). And of course, I want to be happy for those people but its just really hard, ya know?
Its tough being stuck as "average" or "in the norm." You get overlooked so often. Its like I'm in the gray area with millions of other people...hoping for that right opportunity. I've never been in the black or white area. I've never been "blessed" enough to get the grandeur items in life and I haven't been so low that someone feels pity on me enough to give me my little hearts' desires. My accomplishments seem wonderful to me, but to the real world (or whatever you want to call it), I'm just Ms. Ordinary. I now see what everybody means when they say that being ordinary isn't gonna get you anywhere in this world. Not now, not ever.
I'm either in the wrong place at the wrong time or right under that higher standard, ya know? I guess I should be grateful for being where I'm at right now, but there are others who are "lower" than I am who get more than I do, ya'mean? All I want is a scholarship in my name, or have contacts that can get me into wherever I want to go. I thought being in Jack & Jill was supposed to help me be able to achieve whatever I wanted...guess not :/
Ok, I'm done writing my melancholy blog for today.
Whoo! Go Obama!
-Lauren
Quote of the Day: "Stop and stare. I think I'm moving but I go nowhere. Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared. But I've become what I can't be." - OneRepublic
Its tough being stuck as "average" or "in the norm." You get overlooked so often. Its like I'm in the gray area with millions of other people...hoping for that right opportunity. I've never been in the black or white area. I've never been "blessed" enough to get the grandeur items in life and I haven't been so low that someone feels pity on me enough to give me my little hearts' desires. My accomplishments seem wonderful to me, but to the real world (or whatever you want to call it), I'm just Ms. Ordinary. I now see what everybody means when they say that being ordinary isn't gonna get you anywhere in this world. Not now, not ever.
I'm either in the wrong place at the wrong time or right under that higher standard, ya know? I guess I should be grateful for being where I'm at right now, but there are others who are "lower" than I am who get more than I do, ya'mean? All I want is a scholarship in my name, or have contacts that can get me into wherever I want to go. I thought being in Jack & Jill was supposed to help me be able to achieve whatever I wanted...guess not :/
Ok, I'm done writing my melancholy blog for today.
Whoo! Go Obama!
-Lauren
Quote of the Day: "Stop and stare. I think I'm moving but I go nowhere. Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared. But I've become what I can't be." - OneRepublic