0
Busy Bee
Posted by the L word
on
6:13 PM
Dear Readers,
I am SO sorry! I know I've been absent and I apologize. I don't even remember my last blog let alone what I wrote in it. So much has happened since we last met! Let me start more recently and then work my way back...that might help me out a bit...
My honeybear and I celebrated our anniversary =] Yes, another milestone in our relationship. It feels awesome and I can't wait til the next anniversary. We didn't do much because we were both busy, amongst other things. This anniversary was really special because since we've had so many heartaches and setbacks in the past month, it was a marker for how much we love each other and how strong our love really is. Lately though, its been feelin like we've been fighting more for our love (not in the relationship, but outside) rather than enjoying our love. It sucks, but we're learning and growing everyday. Taking one day at a time, and never taking a kiss for granted.
School's been great. I received "Satisfactory" (as opposed to Unsatisfactory) on all my midterms =] Including Biological Anthro, which is the class I was MOST worried about. Mom and dad are happy with my grades, which makes me even happier. My good grades are definitely a result of my baby pushing me to succeed and study all the time. *sigh* But its definitely time for Christmas break...Thanksgiving break isn't going to be enough. On a better note, I'm all registered for my classes (the ones that I want). And I have one class with one of my good friends. Next semester should be very interesting :)
My brother is doing well. He's finally starting to find and embrace his true self. Of course, its a bit more eccentric than my parents had expected;but they love him nonetheless. For example: on Halloween, instead of being a cowboy, or toga-dude, or anything exceedingly dripping in assumed masculinity, he was a kitty cat complete with a blonde wig. Cute, eh? Yes, I still have yet to see the pictures...lol. Mind you that my brother is 16, 6"2, and over 200 lbs. Get the picture?
For my Halloween, the girls and I did Haunted Hilltop. It was lots of fun, but very cold. I was this zombie, Jungle Jane type of thing. I had to lay on a table and act dead all night long. And when people would come up to me and see if I was real or not, I'd have to jump up and scare them. It was great fun :) Though the party went from 8-midnight, I only stayed from 8-10pm because my appendages felt like they were falling off, lol. But for staying dead for 2 hours in the freezing cold I got RSVP points. So yeah, life is good :)
I went home to go vote. Yeah, that was an eventful weekend. I went home last Saturday and came back this past Tuesday. I had to vote absentee because the analytics were calculating that the wait to vote would be 2 hours, and I had a plane to catch, lol. I can't tell you how happy I am that Obama won, omg. If you lived anywhere other than Washington DC, you couldn't have felt the sheer intensity of him being elected. For most of the night, you could hear people FROM THE WHITE HOUSE shouting "Obama" and "Yes We Will." It was awesome. And then Howard University was on the news, from local to Yahoo!. My mother was screaming into the phone when she called me, it was sheer madness.
Okay, I think I'll stop here for now. I'm tired of typing. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I go through these next couple of weeks.
XOXO,
Lauren
Quote of the Week: "And you know that I love you. Here and now, not forever. I can give you the present, but I don't know about the future. That's all stuff and nonsense." - Missy Higgins